All 57 art Reviews

The Beast Slaking The Beast Slaking

I can already imagine the blazing 'back to the future trail' that rapidash is gonna leave when it gets thrown. Looks great overall, the fisheye angle with the background works really well, also the slaking fits the titans personality pretty well, good choice on that one. Though I think you went kinda lazy with the front hooves, those look a bit sloppy.

And reading the idea for one on each episode, makes me wonder wich pokemon you'd pick for the scene where Sasha enters the house in episode 2 (where a titan is calmy eating the old lady i front of the litle girl). Or the eye stabbing part near the end of the episode. Either of those would be epic to see.

Galaxy Self-Portrait Galaxy Self-Portrait

You have a beautifull heart

maruki responds:

hehehe thank you!! :D <3

Rosa Cat Woman Rosa Cat Woman

How about just, 'Cat Rosa' (sounds kinda catchy to me) and 'Lumeow'.

BionicPIG [Drawing] BionicPIG [Drawing]

Awesome, makes me imagine the pig from dragonball (Oolong) joining frieza's army XD (inspired by dragonball by the way?). Would love to see this worked out with more gadgetry/weaponry. Like with a bad-ass pose and some sort of massive armblaster. Or at least jetpack, because of the 'if pigs could fly' metaphor XD. But also to make him bigger, faster, and stronger too (for the DK crew).

Peachy Harley Peachy Harley

Woah, this is seriously bad-ass! It took me 3 seconds on this page to hit the favorite button. Also, I think her hand, that's resting on the bowbow-mallet is drawn really well (also, sweet bowser hammer). I think it shows really did some serious practice on the hands. Got me a little bit jelly.

Also, the concept on it's own leaves a lot to the imagination, mostly because of the bowser-styled accesories that turned out really stylish and kewl. I can already imagine the fan fics, of peach going mental in bowsers captivity turning into a psychotic-bad-ass.

The only thing I personally don't agree with, is the expression on her face. It's drawn beautifully, don't get me wrong. And I think you can even see that the eyes are in a state of just starting to tear up, if you look closely, because of the way the bottom of the eyes look a bit shiny/bloodshot, but it could be just me looking way too deep into it XD.
With the rest of her face she really has this creepy classic-doll look, wich works really well on it's own.
Though seeing this , thinking about the whole concept, I would've loved to a mix of Harley's mischiefus/evil smile, mixed with peach's kind of pollite and friendly way of smiling.
It's not critisism though, just personall prefference. Though I'm sure it would've reduced my time by half, to hit the fave button. ';p

Mega Magica Mega Magica

Awesome that Audino gets the spot in front!
It's like, my favorite mega to use in double/tripple battles, with the roleplay+entrainment to make a big weird mess of everyone's abilities. It's like the audio engine of the most freaky ability based teams I can think of. Also called her Wintersound and sometimes use her to give the contrary ability to Hotdog (my trusty vetaran of an Arcanine). And if they survive long enough, the overheats will be glorious XD

Anyways, Audino aint getting enough props & respect & shit, for being the absolute bauws who controlls the situation. So kudos for doing it some justice. And just for making this bad-ass piece in generall.

Qrow Branwen - RWBY Action Shot Qrow Branwen - RWBY Action Shot

That comicbook perspective trick you did there, with the blade out of the frame with the transparant background worked out really sweet. Nice way of posting just a cool action-shot polished up without too much extra shit around it.

henlp responds:

Exactly my thought-process, it eases the creation of these quick action shots. If you're like me and you struggle with simplicity, then making a character without a background just fucks with your work formula while providing volumes and shit.

Commission - Ava_X_Yuta Commission - Ava_X_Yuta

Imma see if I can give a helpfull tip on poses and stuff with a vague metaphor here.

But if you consider this like a photo, taken of both the girls walking towards the right. I think it would've been beter to wait juuuust a little bit before shooting the picture.
Meaning I think it's would've looked more appealing if her right leg were to be straight up. And the leg with the stocking, in the middle of making the step, with just the knee raised. and her foot ready to kinda kick forward, if you know what I mean.

Cuz I'd think that'd be the slightly better choice for picking a pose, like, out of a walking cycle, for a still picture.

K3MaMi responds:

I DONT CAAAREEEE

Henri Halfbottom Full Body Portrait Henri Halfbottom Full Body Portrait

Love the idea and concept of this guy. Mainly cause it beats the dwarf steriotype by not being the standard bearded axe wielding powerhouse guy, but more of the sharpshooting wise guy. (the dwarves deserve some variation too).

Also, did you call him halfbottom because he can be considered as a half-assed dwarf, because of the lack of beard and axe?

test-object responds:

Yes, that's pretty much why he's named like that.

The character was a dwarf, born into noble family which had lost all of its fortune. He never accepted this reality, however, and shaved his facial hair as a fashion statement. He's a ranger due to many years of noble animal hunting. No pet though, he's not particularly fond of animals.

another progress gif that i forgot to upload another progress gif that i forgot to upload

Quite the informative gif. I'm quite okay at making pixel art stuff, but dramatically suck at making backgrounds. But looking at this make me feel like it aint that hard, if you take the right steps to build it up, quite motivating actually.
All in all, nice shit to look at.